On 12/10/2020 OneSignal suspended our account. This was the service that allowed users to get alerts via their web browsers. This comes a day after Pushed.co was in essense forced by Apple to suspend our service. More than likely fake news operatives pressured Apple. We will be monitoring the fake news in the weeks to come and see who comes forward as the culprit and add it to our pool of evidence. Why the urgency to shut down US MilInt communications with the people? Logical thinking. Never interupt...
Web browser based notifications work on all major desktop browsers and the majority of mobile browsers.
Each operating system behaves a bit differently and as technology evolves, things will continue to change. At the time of writing, this is the general consensus:
- Windows will only notify you of new alerts when the browser is open. Mac will alert you regardless.
- Most mobile browsers will alert you regardless of whether the browser is open or not. Chrome seems to be the most reliable on Android. Strangely, these alerts work awesome on Mac, but they do not work on iOS as iOS does not yet support this industry standard.
To Subscribe to Web-Based Notifications:
- Open the post page. This MUST be https://QAlerts.app NOT http://www.QAlerts.app or http://QAlerts.app (note missing "s" after http).
- Wait for the page to completely load.
- Look for the red bell icon at the bottom-right of the browser. If one does not appear your browser or operating system does not support web-based notifications.
- Tap or click the bell icon and whallah!
If Using The Brave browser, you must do the following or the Bell icon will not be able to be displayed:
- Click/tap the Brave icon at the upper-right of your browser.
- Turn OFF "Cross-site trackers blocked" (we don't track, that just allows the notification service script to load and show you the bell).
- Be sure "Scripts blocked" is OFF.
- Look for the red bell icon at the bottom-right of the browser. Tap or click it and whallah!